Community Platform Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our community platform. If you continue to browse or use our community you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use (“Terms”) which govern our relationship with you in relation to your use of our community platform. If you disagree with any part of these Terms, please do not use our community platform.
The term ‘we’ means [Women In Business Events CIC Ltd and Stormchasers Events Ltd, (“we”, “us” and “our” will be construed accordingly). We are the operator of this community platform which is licensed by us from Ugenie Ltd, the owner and operator of the Ugenie Website at ugenie.io and its associated applications. Users of our community platform also agree to comply with all relevant user terms which are set out on the Ugenie Website.
The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our community platform (and “your” will be construed accordingly).
Using our community platform
In order to use our community platform, you must be over 18 years of age or between the age of 13 and 18 years and have received approval from your parent or legal guardian. By registering, you are confirming that you are over 18 years of age or that you are between the age of 13 and 18 years and have received approval from your parent or legal guardian and are appropriately supervised by them when using our community platform.
As a condition of your use of our community platform, you agree that you will not:
- breach any laws or regulations;
- violate the posting rules (which may be given on the website);
- post any material which is deemed threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent or includes any imagery showing harm to animals;
- post any false or misleading material or message of any kind;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm our community platform or the interests of its users;
- impose an unreasonable load on our community platform technology or infrastructure;
- distribute spam, chain letters, or promote pyramid schemes;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our community platform without our express written permission;
- interfere with the proper working of our community platform;
- collect information about other users of our community platform, including email addresses, without their consent;
- use any of our community platform’s copyrights and trademarks without permission;
- bypass measures designed to prevent or restrict access to certain parts of our community platform;
- sell any unlawful or counterfeit goods or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties.
We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse content that we may believe is inappropriate or is in breach of the above terms. If we believe that you are breaching these Terms in any way and/or behaving suspiciously on our community platform we may, at our discretion, inform other our community platform users that have been in contact with you and recommend that they exercise caution.
Unless otherwise stated, we or Ugenie (as applicable) own the intellectual property rights in our community platform. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download and print our community platform pages for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these Terms.
Access to certain areas of our platform is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our platform, or indeed all of our community platform, at our sole discretion.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our platform or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
We may disable your user ID and password at our sole discretion without prior notice, if we believe you are making improper use of our platform.
You are responsible for all information that you submit to our community platform and any consequences that may result from your posts, comments, messages and content.
Misuse of our community platform
We aim to work together with our community to keep our platform working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us using the reporting system.
We may at our discretion issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, or remove User Content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off our platform if we think that they are misusing the platform (including harassing other our community members) or breaching any of our user terms. However, whether or not we decide to take any of these steps, we do not have any obligation to monitor the information transmitted or stored on our platform and we do not accept any liability for unauthorised or unlawful content on our platform.
Postings and User Content
Our community platform permits the submission of user posts and comments including the submission of images, videos or other content by you and other users (all of which is defined as “User Content“) and the hosting and publishing of such User Content.
You agree to comply with all posting rules which we may provide on our community platform and which will be deemed to be expressly incorporated into these Terms.
You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it.
You represent and warrant that:
- you own or have the necessary rights and permissions to use and authorise us to use all copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights in and to any User Content to enable inclusion and use on our community platform and in accordance with these Terms; and
- whilst, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Content, by submitting the User Content to us, you hereby grant us (and Ugenie), in addition to any other rights which we may have, a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and transferable license (which is sublicensable) to use, copy, prepare derivative works of (including without limitation, to rename, edit, shorten, split videos into different segments, and use an entire image or video or segments as part of compilations), display and broadcast the User Content in connection with our community platform and our business, including without limitation to grant access to our community platform to third parties who are members of our community to view the User Content (and derivative works thereof) and to distribute the User Content through the platform through any and all media or distribution methods now available or later developed.
- you will not: (i) submit material that is false or misleading copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the User Content and to grant us all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us, our business or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, libellous, threatening, pornographic, or encourages conduct that would or may lead to the mistreatment of animals, or would be considered a criminal offence, or contains any images showing harm to or mistreatment of animals, or gives rise to civil liability or violates any law, or (iv) misidentify yourself in submitting the User Content or misstate your true identity.
Any breach of the above warranties may result in your account being immediately terminated and may result in you becoming liable to legal action.
We do not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice which it may express, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Content. You understand that when using our community platform, you will be exposed to User Content from a variety of sources, and that we are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Content. You may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against us with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold us, our owners, affiliates, employees, agents and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of our community platform.
If any fees are charged by us for membership of the community and use of the platform, these will be set out clearly on the platform.
Your right to cancel
You have the right to cancel your subscription to our community platform at any time. Should you wish to do so, you can delete your account through the settings page on the community platform.
Copyright and Licence
Our platform contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
You are granted a licence to use the services provided for your use by our community platform and the material contained on our community platform subject to the restrictions described in these Terms.
You are not permitted to:
- republish material from our community platform (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent, license, sublicense, lease, distribute, copy, duplicate, publish or reproduce material from our community platform and any material or any part thereof for use by any third party;
- use any material in any way that is unlawful or in breach of any person’s legal rights under any applicable law, or in any way that is offensive, indecent, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable.
If you breach these Terms in any way then the licence granted to you will be automatically terminated upon such breach and we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to our platform, or cancelling your account.
You must retain, and must not delete or remove all copyright notices and other proprietary notices placed on any material.
Our community platform is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. We make no representations or warranties in relation to our community platform or the information and material provided on our community platform.
The content of the pages of our community platform is for your general information and use only and it is subject to change without prior notice.
We do not warrant that our community platform will be constantly available, or available at all or that the information on our community platform is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on our community platform constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. We do not provide any warranty as to the suitability of the information and material found or offered on our community platform for any particular purpose. You understand and agree that we are not liable or responsible for any product, service or opportunity offered by any user on our community platform. We do not assess or investigate the accuracy or identity of any posting or user and shall not be liable to you for any loss, damage or harm you may suffer as a result of using our community platform or acquiring any product or service from a third party posting on our community platform.
Your use of any information or material on our community platform is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, opportunities or information available through our community platform meet your own specific requirements.
You acknowledge that information and material found or offered on our platform may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our community platform and the use of our community platform (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
Our liability to you in relation to the use of our community platform or under or in connection with these Terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, will be limited as follows: we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any nature whether arising directly or indirectly from the use of or reliance on information obtained from our community platform; we and our employees will not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special loss or damage and will not be liable for any loss of profit, income, revenue, anticipated savings, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, or information.
Nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, limit or exclude our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
By using our platform, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these Terms are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use our platform.
If you breach these Terms you will be held fully responsible for any loss suffered by us as result of such breach and will be held accountable for all losses caused or profits gained by you from breaching these Terms.
You agree to indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, without limitation, legal expenses) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these Terms.
Our platform may contain links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. We provide these links for your convenience only but do not endorse the material on those sites.
The failure by us to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Terms shall not be a waiver of them or the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Terms.
If any provision of these Terms shall be found by any court to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms which shall remain in full force and effect.
If any provision of these Terms is so found to be invalid or unenforceable but would be valid or enforceable if some part of the provision were deleted, the provision in question shall apply with such modification(s) as may be necessary to make it valid and enforceable.
We may revise these Terms from time-to-time. Revised Terms will apply to the use of our platform from the date of the publication of the revised Terms on our platform. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Exclusion of Third Party Rights
These Terms are for the benefit of you and us, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these Terms is not subject to the consent of any third party.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our community platform, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of our community platform.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute, claim or matter arising out of, or relating to, these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.